Thursday, January 8, 2009

A change of heart

For as long as I can remember I've said I'm going to be a portrait photographer. Have a studio and lots of equipment, etc... Well, recently the Lord is leading me to photojournalism. I've always enjoyed photojournalism but I never understood what it was. I've always thought that you have to be a brilliant writer to even consider photoj, and I've always been afraid of words. But honestly that doesn't matter. As I've grown up and learned more about photography, I've realized I have a voice and that voice inside of me is longing to get out.

I'm still going to finish my degree at ACC and have my associates in Portraiture, but I'm not for sure if I'm going to own a studio. I know photography is in my future and I know missions work is there too. I don't know how I'll incooporate all of this or where I'll be down the road. Normally I would be terrified out of my mind not knowing what I'll be doing etc, and I'm still slighty scared. But I'm starting to see the beauty in all of this. Now is the time when I have to trust in my Heavenly Father and seek His will for what's next. I know it's going to be hard and long. But I also know that whatever the Lord desires for me is more than I could ever imaginge.

No comments:

Post a Comment